Joomla CMS by and large is the best community building and content sharing platform. It would not be too extravagant to say this, because the inbuilt features of Joomla CMS, along with support from largest open source joomla website development community, more than 9500 extension to work with and numerous outstanding template designs to choose from, all make it a worthwhile choice.
You can create an efficient community by using useful extensions, installing right features and giving real time support. However to create an engaging community you require foremost a great strategy and then an edge that motivates visitors to comeback to your community. The tips below will take you towards getting that edge when building a community through Joomla CMS.
To Start – First Plan & Devise Few Things
- Specific Targeting – Being ambitious is good, but for building a community you need to keep them small and specific. This way you can handle the community efficiently and concentrate on building value for your users
- Regularity & Up-to-date Content – Frequent content updates bring new users and give existing users a reason to come back.
- Social Listening – Integrating popular social systems with your community becomes important. But in this process you need to be more vigilant about the interaction between these user and community. Such an interaction can have both positive and negative influence. This is why you need to be well prepared to grab this opportunity to your best benefit as and when possible.
- Build Safe & Secure Community – A healthy community thrives and flourishes when they are assured about their security. Understand the vulnerability you face with thousands of personal profiles and information they carry. Steer Joomla development for community in a right way and have robust tools like SecureLive giving real time protection to your community.
Next, You Require Right Tools & Great User Experience
- Importance Of User Experience –Besides the look and feel of the community you need to pay attention to the usability to leaves a lasting impression.
- Steady Paced Feature Roll Outs – It is important to surprise community users with new features. This keeps them guessing, but doing that all at once would be unwise. Pace feature updates evenly and then analysis the feedback of users. Perhaps you might have to consider a rollback.
- Give Quick Response – It takes a lot of patience and hard work to create a right momentum for your community. It is important to hear what your users have to say. Their suggestions might enhance your communityr they might help you identify a problem. It is always recommended to encourage communication and send a quick response to your users
Promotions, Visitors & Motivation
- Create A Win-Win Opportunity – A growing community can expand diversely if you create an enticing opportunity for users. Referrals, contests, engaging conservations, job opportunities etc. all are excellent ways to spark interest among users and attract more visitors.
- Building A Strong Network – Growing community network is beneficial. You might come across organizations or companies ready to partner with you or offer discounts. All-in-all it’s about creating better and added incentives for all associated with your community.
- Advertising, Marketing and SEO – You have a great community but it will not get all the benefit until everyone doesn’t know about it. Building a firm strategy around advertising, marketing and optimizing your community for search engines is important.
- Using News Release For Online Visibility – Making your community newsworthy is a good way to keep it in limelight. Every time you send a press release across various online outlets, you add impetus to your online visibility. Simple things like postcards and traditional media can offer valuable incentive to your growing community.
Generating Revenue Streams
- Security, integrity and liabilities – You need to consider all aspects like having a proper business structure and handling legal responsibilities with donations or fundraising properly. You should be able to protect user, members and advertisers information securely. Also you need to take about all the legalities of accepting money or subscription offerings.
- Membership Program –By extending the power of Joomla website development and extensions you can efficiently manage membership program for your community. The two most important tasks here is getting users to join the program and then retaining them. It is best to develop a tiered approach to membership with clear guidelines. Handle disgruntled customers in a pleasing and quite manner by creating relationship of choice.
- Creating An Advertising Program – Joomla CMS is efficient to track and manage an advertising program. Once you have a steady traffic and interacting community you can start creating a strategy to attract advertiser.
- Affiliate, Partnership or Reseller Program – These can either be outbound or inbound in nature. Joomla extends extension like idevaffiliate to manage affiliate programs easily. You can use other classified extensions if you are offering your partners just an opportunity to discount their products and services. Such flexible scope to handle affiliate, partnership or reseller program is only available through Joomla CMS.